The Northern School of Art (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’, or ‘the Institution’) collects the following data about people who visit the institution for:
• Open days,
• Creative Industry Events,
• Other showcases and exhibitions of the work of our staff and students.
We collect the following data:
• Personal details such as your name, age, address, and contact details.
• Your attendance at events
We may also collect Special Category Information such as details of any health conditions, or additional support needs which we use to secure your wellbeing and safety.
We keep this information for 7 years in secure conditions (physical and/or electronic). The personal data that we collect is stored electronically on our servers in the United Kingdom. It may be processed by our staff and by contractors and suppliers who work for us. Information held on paper will be kept secure. We will ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We may collect your Personal Data in the following circumstances (this is not a definitive list):
Marketing and Promotions
We may collect your Personal Data based on your consent or our legitimate business interests which include Marketing and Promotions:
• when you receive communications in relation to aspects of our business as a customer/client; you or we think you may be interested in;
• when you register to attend an open event, or receive invitations to future events;
• where that Personal Data is specifically and voluntarily provided by you when you visit our Platforms (see “Cookies”, below);
• when you subscribe to our direct or indirect marketing lists (Marketing and Promotional communications may be provided to you by Social Media Channels, email, post or other communication channels);
• if you have consented to receive Marketing or Promotions previously, for example through expressing an interest in our Products or Services;
• when you provide feedback and contributions to customer surveys, competitions or questionnaires.
• Accessing, using or purchasing our products or services
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to:
object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/