Free Creative Careers Talks 2022
Join us for a programme of free live online events on Wednesday afternoons focusing on employability, professional skills and practice and HE awareness – all within a CREATIVE context.
The Northern School of Art‘s talks cover a range of disciplines and are delivered by industry speakers, creative lecturers and graduates from across the whole creative sector. These sessions can serve as a useful resource for schools and colleges (or anyone with an interest in creative development and progression). Usually lasting around 45 minutes during a Wednesday afternoon.
Participants can tap in remotely via a Microsoft Teams link, which will be sent to anyone that books a place through Eventbrite.
Our previous speakers have helped to inspire the next generation of creatives, sharing their own creative journey, insights into their practice, demonstrations of their work as well as providing general advice to anyone looking to follow a similar path.
Book onto the following talks by industry professionals by clicking on the dates below:
- Craft Cottage – 16/11/22 – Illustrator – Over the last 12 years they have experienced the design world from being a freelancer textile designer, working within high street design teams to their current position as a UK textile designer for a supply company.
- Thirteen Supply Co. Art & Clothing Company – 23/11/22 – Thirteen Supply Co is an independent art & clothing brand. They embody alternative values, interests, and attitudes in our designs and content to supply products that fit into the cultures that we love.
- Bozilla (Robert Page) Illustrator – 30/11/22 – Bobzilla’s current practice is in between external surface pattern work and studio based exhibition work hopefully resulting in a show by the end of the year.
- Katy Dyer Illustrator & Surface Designer – 07/12/22 – Over 10 years’ experience creating print designs for Women’s, Men’s and Children’s high street clothing, such as Next, Debenhams, Asda, Matalan and Sainsburys. A keen painter who now hosts in person and online art workshops.
- Carla Whittingham – 14/12/22 – Photographer – A wedding and lifestyle photographer based in Yarm. After studying photography at The University for Creative Arts in Surrey, Carla has built up a portfolio of photography experience ranging from food, commercial, lifestyle and family photography and specialising in wedding photography. Carla is currently shortlisted for Wedding Photography in The Wedding Industry Awards.
If you have any questions get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 01642 288888.Further details of the wide range of creative courses offered by The Northern School of Art are available HERE