NSEAD Workshop for Creative Educators
We are working with the National Society for Education and Art & Design NSEAD and hosting a series of events kicking off with ‘A Manifesto’ a workshop for art teachers.
This first session is co-hosted by NSEAD and will explore how we prepare the next generation for creative careers. This immersive session will have delegates being hands-on with practical workshops to create an exciting manifesto for change.
A manifesto for change
The Art Teacher Workshop Society: “A Manifesto” is the kickstart of a series of annual events hosted by The Northern School of Art. This first conference is co-hosted by the National Society for Education in Art & Design [NSEAD] and will explore how we prepare the next generation for creative careers. This immersive session will have delegates being hands-on with practical workshops to create an exciting manifesto for change. The session will explore:
- What is our mission as educators?
- How do we promote changemakers?
- What needs to change? How can we provoke it?
- What are our values and principles when it comes to creative education?
- What does creative pedagogy look like and how is it evolving?
- 4pm – 4:30pm: Registration & Welcome Tea & Coffee
- 4:30pm – 4:35pm: Introduction from The Northern School of Art
- 4:35pm – 4:55pm: Introduction to NSEAD by Michelle Gregson, General Secretary
- 4:55pm – 5:10pm: Discussion: Manifesto for a creative future
- 5:15pm – 6:45pm: Practical Workshops, delegates will choose from: Screen Printing, Zine Making, Dark room photography.
- 6:45pm – 7:05pm: Talk by Susan Coles (NEATEN) and Paul Raymond
- 7:05pm – 7:20pm: Plenary
- 7:20pm – 8pm: Networking and Degree Exhibition Viewing
The Art Teacher Workshop Society: “A manifesto”
Thursday 8th June 2023
Find out more & book your place here!
4:30pm – 8pm
The Northern School of Art, Hartlepool, TS24 7DR