The Unscripted Bootcamp at The Northern Studios
Students enjoyed an exclusive one day Factual TV bootcamp held at The Northern Studios Hartlepool’s Film and TV studio facility.
The session was delivered by freelance TV line Producer Jude Winstanley. On completing this bootcamp students were able to sign up to North East Screen crew base list, Crew Academy. Crew Academy is the industry guide to who is available and trained to work on a range of TV/film productions in the North East.
The bootcamp workshop included:
- Intro to unscripted TV-skill requirements, entry level jobs and what do departments look like?
- Practicalities of working in Unscripted- production timeline, working as a freelancer, production timelines.
- Employment opportunities & networking. Finding the right roles for you, how to connect with potential employers.
Students had the opportunity to be attend a panel which featured a mix of senior and entry level roles from different production companies in the area. Panel members included
- Chris Wake -Senior Executive, Fulwell North Office
- Katie Jenkins-junior camera assistant, Fulwell North
- Antonia Hurford Jones-Managing Director, Twenty Six 03
- Tabitha Burnett- Junior development researcher, Twenty Six 03
Students said they found the workshop enlightening and useful to here about opportunities available one commented they were happy to know “That getting your foot in the door is very possible even at this stage in my university studies”
Further feedback highlighted skills workshops that were useful including how to send a memorable and well written CV, as well as how to make connections in the industry through recommendations.
If you are interested in studying a degree for the stage and screen industries we offer some fantastic degree programmes that offer students the skills and opportunities needed to carve successful careers across the industry including BA (Hons) Film, TV & Theatre Production, BA (Hons) degree in Production Design for Stage and Screen, BA (Hons) Costume Interpretation with Design, BA (Hons) Acting degree for Stage & Screen and BA (Hons) Model Making & Visual FX!